Pan Macmillan is thrilled to be working in association with The Reading Agency to invite libraries across the UK to take part in special events celebrating the incredible writing achievements of Danielle Steel. Please complete this short survey
by Friday 13 January
for your chance to be involved.
From Monday 20th March, libraries will open their doors for a series of live events celebrating the work of Danielle Steel. Although Danielle will not be present, library members and guests can come together to hear extracts from her new books, discuss their own favourites, receive exclusive advanced copies and celebrate with other loyal fans.
Danielle Steel has been hailed as one of the world’s favourite storytellers, and in March 2023, will have sold one billion copies of her books worldwide. She is regularly in the top 10 most borrowed books from libraries each year and libraries have played an enormous role in Danielle’s success.
These events are designed to thank her fans and supporters by making them feel special and part of a community. It’s also the perfect chance to celebrate the release of the new hardback, Worthy Opponents
– just in time for Mother’s Day!What winning libraries will receive:
- A running order and instructions
- A script for 1-2 narrators/actors to read extracts from Worthy Opponents and Beautiful, to be introduced by a narrator (who can be a librarian) and then the same, or a couple, of other people comfortable with reading in a performative way (perhaps a local amateur actor or volunteer, if not library staff) to contribute other characters’ lines
- Approx. 3 short teaser extracts from new/upcoming books to be read by audience volunteers
- Book club-style questions around favourite books, characters and experiences (to act as informal discussion prompts)
- A letter of thanks from Danielle (to be read/given out to guests)
- A hospitality hamper of prosecco, soft drink, tea & cake/biscuits
- Posters for display in branches
- Copies of Worthy Opponents (hardback) and Beautiful (paperback) to give away
- Exclusive advanced proof copies of The Wedding Planner (publishing May 2023) to give away
What you will need:
- An actor/narrator (ideally two)
- An audience - ideally approx. 20 people per branch
- Approx. 3 audience members willing to read short extracts during the event (these can be recruited on the way in, or on signup for the event)
- An area to display copies of the books and any additional merchandise