DK Boredom Buster Activity Pack
How many times have you shuddered as a child (or adult) whines ‘I’m bored’? Fear not! DK has the answer with three incredible books which will make sure that boredom is banished and becomes a thing of the past!
Using affordable and easy to get hold of materials, the activities are taken from three books published this September and October:
- Unlock Your Imagination: 250 Boredom Buster and Fun Ideas for Games, Crafts and Challenges
- Disney Ideas Book: More than 100 Disney Crafts, Activities and Games
- LEGO Star Wars Ideas Book: More than 200 Games, Activities and Building Ideas
Although the books are all aimed at children aged 6 to 10, with a little help from an adult, even younger ages can get involved.
DK are offering 250 free DK Boredom Buster packs for public and school libraries. Your pack will include:
- 1 x Tips for Hosting your Boredom Busting event
- 1 x A4 event poster
- 1 x A4 book poster
- 50 x activity pack with activities including make your own finger puppets, put together a Mickey Mouse paper chain and play LEGO Star Wars charades and spot the difference
- 50 x templates for making the activities
You can order these until 10 September (but they may sell out before this date).
This is strictly one pack per order so if you are ordering packs for more than one library or school you can either order these individually or email Kimberley.Sheehan@readingagency.org.uk. Please make sure that you include the school or library name in your address so that we know where the packs will be used.
Please note, if you order a Boredom Buster pack you are agreeing to use the materials within your library and to send photos of groups using them tagging @dkbooks and @readingagency with feedback to Kimberley Sheehan by 8 November. Please do not order the pack if you cannot commit to this.
Packs will be dispatched to libraries to be used in October.
The publisher will be dispatching your resources. They will receive a dispatch list with your contact name and work address (which you give) for delivery. They will only deliver the pack requested and the dispatch list will then be deleted after the packs have been sent.