Quercus are excited to invite libraries across the UK to be part of a three-month reader experience to celebrate Martin Walker’s The Dordogne Mysteries series. In anticipation of the publication of the 13th book in the series, A Shooting at Chateau Rock we want to more readers to discover the world of Martin Walker’s novels through libraries and we need your help to do it!
A hugely popular series in Germany and the United States, Martin Walker novels take you to the Dordogne region of France where readers follow Bruno, Chief of Police as he investigates crimes and mysteries in the area. This is not just a gripping crime series but Martin transports you to the gastronomic heart of South-West France by incorporating its rich culture of food and wine.
Order your pack by 9 June.
DIGITAL PACK CONTENTS
- Various social assets for libraries to share across their social channels
- Reading Group questions provided by Martin Walker on The Body in the Castle Well (book 12) and A Shooting at Chateau Rock)
- A recipe booklet featuring a selection of Bruno’s recipes
- An exclusive extract from the upcoming book A Shooting at Chateau Rock
- A video from Martin Walker introducing readers to the setting of the Perigord region in France
- A video reading extract from Martin Walker of A Shooting at Chateau Rock
- A feedback form for libraries (to be filled in and returned at the end of the campaign)
- If there is a demand we can provide POS materials for a library display once libraries re-open. Please email Lipfon.firstname.lastname@example.org for details
We will also have a total of 5 full sets of Martin Walker’s titles to giveaway to library authorities upon the re-opening of libraries. These will be chosen from libraries who have returned their feedback forms by the deadline (30th September).
As a bonus, we would like to introduce a competition for readers and libraries. Using the recipe booklet, we would love to see people sharing their finished products either on Twitter using the #CookingWithBruno or sent directly to email@example.com. At the end of the promotion, all entries will be entered into a prize draw and a winner will be chosen at random by the publisher and the library to which they belong to will be rewarded with a visit from Martin. Given the current covid-19 situation, this may be a virtual visit using Zoom. The readers can imagine themselves putting a dish for friends on the table after rushing home from a hard day’s solving crimes and murders, just like Bruno!
Each library must commit to the following:
- Encouraging readers to engage in the promotion by borrowing Martin Walkers books and encouraging readers to participate in the reading groups around Martin Walker
- Engaging online through social media by tweeting pictures, reader reviews and the general challenge
- Encouraging readers to try some of the recipes and share their photos using the #CookingWithBruno
- Where possible, track digital lending figures throughout the promotion so we can evaluate the impact
- Filling in the feedback form
Apply to receive a pack by 9 June.